Sunday, February 06, 2011

Decadent lunch

Choice Greene
Greene @ Grand (Clinton Hill)

This is a neighborhood favorite of ours. Yesterday we went to Choice Market at Lafayette and Grand for breakfast. Alex got pastrami hash with a fried egg and salad ($5.95) and I got a bagel with lox, cream cheese and the works ($6.50). We sat at the communal table with some other locals and enjoyed our meal.

Today for lunch I went to Choice Greene, which is one block away from Choice Market. I got two sandwiches:


Hudson Valley smoked duck w/ fennel, peach-rosemary spread from Choice Greene
Smoked duck breast with fennel and peach-rosemary spread on a baguette

Buffalo mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, walnut pesto on rosemary foccacia from Choice Greene
Bufalo mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and walnut pesto on rosemary foccacia


We each split a sandwich and finished off the red cabbage/red onion salad I made last night.

I also got a quarter pound of smoked Ridgewood ham, made by Herve at Ridgewood Smoke Shop. The guy helping me mentioned that they're looking to partner up to produce some seasonal charcuterie together, first up some tasty cured pork from a rare breed of pig, the Mangalitza. Check it out - a pig in sheep's clothing! I was really happy to hear this news as Choice is one of my favorite spots in the neighborhood to grab some quick quality snacks.

No comments: