Thursday, April 22, 2010

More fun at the Ace Hotel

No 7 Sub
Broadway btw 28 & 29 (Flatiron-ish)

NO CHEESE
Ryan and I got sandwiches to go yesterday. I'd been to Tyler Kord's No. 7 in Fort Greene for dinner so I was expecting some zany sandwich combinations. It was quite crowded at 12:15, prime lunch time. We waited about 10-15 minutes for our sandwiches, not bad. I mean, it ain't Subway, thank goodness!

Eggplant parm from No 7 Sub
We got our stuff to go then walked up to Greeley Square to eat. Ryan's Eggplant Parm, with yellow squash, pickled jalapenos, BBQ chips and fontina cheese. Quite filling for a veggie sandwich.

Roast Beef from No 7 Sub
I got the Roast Beef sandwich, toasted and then topped with horseradish, pickled endives and fried scallions. The scallions were a nice surprise and the bread held up to all the meat filling. Not once did it fall apart.

Ryan so dabi in springtime
Lunch in the sunshine - it was so nice outside! In the future, I think half a sandwich and a bag of chips would do me right. We'll be back to sample more so stay tuned!

No comments: