Friday, March 26, 2010

Not just for tea

Chamomile before grinding
While perusing my feeds on Google Reader, I came across this recipe that used ground chamomile flowers in fried pork chops. I'd been searching for more uses for chamomile, as I bought a giant jar of it on a whim.

Basically, you grind up the flowers in a bean grinder and mix it with flour, salt and pepper. Then you dredge your pork chops in the mixture and fry them.

Chamomile pork chops with bacon/shallot/sherry braised collards
I served ours with collards braised in bacon fat, sherry, shallots and chicken broth with a little balsamic vinegar.

A squeeze of fresh lemon really brings out the light floral flavor of the chamomile.

2 comments:

Christian said...

Saw this one on Serious Eats and thought it sounded great:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/03/seared-sea-scallops-with-chamomile-beurre-blanc-seafood-recipe.html

lazysundae said...

That sounds awesome! I will have to try. Thanks :)