Monday, February 15, 2010

Lazy Marian

At BK Flea this weekend I finally got to try one of Milk Truck's gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. Outfitted with about 4-5 panini presses, their booth boasts classic grilled cheese, ham & cheese and my pick, fresh mozzarella and fried piquillo peppers in a white bun.

Fresh mozzarella/fried piquillo pepper panini from Milk Truck

It was so delicious I got ingredients to make my own at home (no panini press). Instead of the white roll I found panini bread at Whole Foods and some jarred roasted peppers. I have a cast iron grill pan, which I used to cook the sandwich, and to weigh it down I placed my cast iron skillet on top.

Panini for lunch

The bread grilled up beautifully and the cheese was good (just a drizzle of olive oil inside) but next time I will take the time to roast my own peppers. The citric acid just destroys the taste.

1 comment:

如此的 said...

幸福是人人都要,又怎麼可能都歸你所有?要知道這世界幸福本來就不多........................................