Thursday, November 05, 2009

Easy breezy

No photos! I made a really easy and delicious dinner tonight - can't say I can take credit for the recipes but I managed to add my own touches...

Skinless chicken thighs - cover in salsa (I used green tomatillo) and bake in the oven.

Meanwhile skin and dice sweet potatoes (I used ruby yams) and roast in the oven as well.

Make a dressing using olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and cilantro. I didn't have fresh cilantro so I used dried coriander. Whiz in a blender/food processor.

When chicken is done, layer thin slices of fresh mozzarella on top and put back into the oven.

Add the roasted sweet potatoes to some baby spinach and toss with the dressing and a few cranks of fresh black pepper. Serve beside the chicken, topped with the now melted mozzarella.

Super delicious and pretty healthy too!

No comments: