Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Treasures from my toaster oven

I love my toaster oven
I love eggplants and tomatoes. But mostly tomatoes. I've been gorging myself on them because soon tomato season will be over. Soon we will have nothing but memories of the sweet, juicy fruit we ate this summer. So like I said, I've been gorging on tomatoes.

I made this in my toaster oven. Just drizzle the pan with olive oil, arrange your vegetables in a single layer, drizzle them with another coating of olive oil (I am using Fairway's DOP extra virgin) and then season everything with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Bake at 375 (F) until the eggplant starts to cook and soften...


Late afternoon snack
Then arrange it on a plate. I garnished mine with freshly chopped mint and feta cheese. Mint keeps for about a week in the fridge if you store it carefully. I picked all the leaves off the stems and placed them in a paper towel-lined airtight container and they've been happy in the fridge ever since.

Closeup
Yum yum, so pretty. It didn't last long looking like this as I gobbled it all up with a small glass of Tempranillo.

No comments: