Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh boy, obento!

Aburiya Kinnosuke
E. 45th St at 3rd Ave

Aburiya Kinnosuke

Alexis: I've been wanting to try this place for lunch after having dinner here a couple of months ago. We arrived promptly at 11:30, right when they opened. I ordered the fish set, which consisted of breaded tuna that was fried just so that the middle was still rare, miso soup with mushrooms, rice, hijiki, pickles, grated daikon and seaweed.

Aburiya Kinnosuke

Alexis: Alex's lunch, the meat set.

Alex: I was really surprised at how good this lunch was. I had the meat set which came with the same stuff as Alexis except for the meat. It was sort of like a meatball or meatloaf, very soft and very tasty. I have no idea what the sauce was, it is kind of like putting ketchup on meatloaf but not quite. Yay for mystery meat! The miso soup was probably the best miso soup I've ever had. Usually it is a bit too salty for me, but this was just perfect.

Aburiya Kinnosuke

Alexis: At the end of the meal, a small ramekin of creme brulee. It's a really great value for the money you pay and the food is delicious. I'd suggest making reservations or going pretty early, as it does get busy during normal lunch hours.

No comments: