Thursday, May 29, 2008

All aboard the chocolate express!


Yesterday I went to Whole Foods to get ingredients for dinner: basmati and sausage-stuffed tomatoes (more on that later). In the checkout aisle I was tempted (just like a toddler) by the delicious Vosges Chocolate display, which offered several kinds of exotic chocolate. Disgustingly expensive yet worth every penny. And I used to hate chocolate! I bought 3 kinds:

Barcelona - deep milk chocolate with gray sea salt and toasted almonds. The salt and almonds are ground pretty finely so as the chocolate melts you get alternating bits of salt and nut. Deep milk chocolate has a bit of dark mixed in - I think this is my new favorite.

Macha - dark chocolate with Japanese macha green tea. These two things go great together. The slight bitterness of the macha and dark chocolate are a great pair, and you can only slightly taste the tea.

Black Pearl - wasabi, ginger, black sesame, coriander in dark chocolate. I have yet to try this one but I'm sure it will be delicious.

Another one I want to try: Mo's Bacon Bar! Applewood smoked bacon, Alderwood smoked salt and deep milk chocolate.

Vosges also makes ice cream, which is also delicious. So far I've tried Chocolate Pandan, Naga (white chocolate and Indian curry) and Red Fire (chocolate with ancho chiles).

No comments: