Monday, December 10, 2007

Nice to meat you

Dinosaur BBQ
12th Avenue at 131st Street (Harlem)




Alexis: Took Alex here for the first time. It has been at least a year or so since I've been to Dinosaur and Saturday was a great day to go - weather was nice and we got a seat at a high table by the bar. I had the rib-Elgin sausage combo with mini iceberg wedge and Syracuse salt potatoes. All the combos come with the honey cornbread which is delicious. The ribs were meaty and juicy with just the right amount of fat. Sausage was slightly spicy and salty. Potatoes - one of my favorite sides. Yukon gold potatoes topped with a thin sort of cream sauce - I ate every last bite. Definitely worth the trip, every time.

Alex: Ahh yes, the food of Texas Kings! Damn, I love BBQ. I think Dinosaur is bar far the best BBQ in town, pricewise, taste, and atmosphere. We made the trek uptown and thought we were beating the dinner rush. We were wrong, 45min to an hour wait! We diecide to hang out at a table by the bar, come to find out it was full service, so our 45 min wait turned into no wait at all. So as a little tip... if you spot an empty space by the bar, grab it and you'll be eatin' in no time.

I had the Pork Ribs, Brisket, BBQ Beans, and Mac n Cheese. My only complaint was that the Brisket could have been a little more moist, but don't get me wrong, it was still good. The Beans were sweet and tangy, and the Mac was creamy. I was stuffed to the gills by the time we left. I washed it down with a couple of German Oktoberfest brewskis. I was in heaven. Good BBQ in NYC, who'da thunk it?

I've been toying with the idea of opening a Texas BBQ joint in Germany. What do you think, good idea or not?

Here's more meat-inspired goodness, from one of my favorite websites Etsy.


Beef ribs from mgenomgeno



Ham bone pillow from SweetMeats



Meatgrinder tie from toybreaker

1 comment:

Chris said...

I've been toying with the idea of opening a Texas BBQ joint in Germany. What do you think, good idea or not?


Definitely good idea. You know how the germans like the meats. You should also do chicken fried steak because it was an inspiration from them in the first place.. Full circle son!