Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I love the other white meat



Pork is the best meat for cooking w/ fruit. Apples, pineapples, peaches, plums, pears - they all work. We bought some fat center cut pork chops at Whole Foods and I had some asparagus in the fridge that I wanted to use up. I also had some parma prosciutto. I made a sauce of dijon mustard, honey, curry powder and black pepper. I spread it onto the chops once I'd flipped them. I also tossed the apples in olive oil, pepper and curry powder. For the asparagus, I just grilled them and sprinkled with lemon juice.

In a separate pan I made hashbrowns - first I sauteed diced leftover prosciutto in some olive oil, then added red onions. Then added the hash and seasoned with pepper.

We were pretty stuffed. The best part was gnawing the meat off the bone - that's what canines are for you dumb vegetarians!!

Alex: I cosign on the Fruit con Swine, great combo. The sweet/tartness of the fruit compliments the somewhat sweetness of the Pork. I think Pork just might be the sweetest of all the meats. The Pork chop was cooked to perfection... cooked all the way through, but not dried out. I couldn't stop slathering the Sauce on the Chops, so good. I'm not a big fan of the Asparagus but I'll eat it, mainly cuz its fun to have stinky Asparagus pee.

No comments: