Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We need a food processor - bad!




Alexis: Made these beef kabobs last night. Easy/simple for the most part but involved a lot of chopping for the sauce/marinade, which consisted of cilantro, green chile, garlic and olive oil. After making the sauce, I used half of it to marinate some sirloin cubes. Added curry powder to it and let it sit for about 30 minutes. I then skewered them with zucchini and red onions and grilled them for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Served with roasted garlic hummus, warm pita bread and mixed olives - YUM. And, leftover yogurt dressing from the salad I made last week (a repeat of the cucumber-squash-cantaloupe summer salad). I was glad I got to use it again, rather than waste it. Alex picked up a bottle of rose and it went very well with dinner. I win.

No comments: