Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I can't take it anymore





Alexis: From top to bottom - center cut pork chops, broccoli rabe and garlic. I found this recipe in Better Homes & Gardens (they threw an ice cream party at work). This is a very easy, yummy recipe. Season both sides of the pork chop with salt and pepper. Throw it on the grill with some fresh pineapple slices (I used the fresh chunks they sell at Whole Foods). Turn them only once and brush everything with some orange marmalade. Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables. I blanched some broccoli rabe then sauteed it with some olive oil and garlic. For sauce, add some marmalade to plain yogurt (I used sheep's milk) and if you want, add pepper and curry powder. Prep and cook time takes less than 45 mins total - my favorite kind of recipe.

The next recipe from Real Simple - turkey burgers on biscuits, with a mache salad on the side. I used dark turkey meat. The recipe didn't call for it but I chopped up some bacon and fried it up and mixed it into the meat. Also in the meat is fresh salsa. Form into patties and grill. I pan fried them since there was nothing to bind the meat together. For the biscuits, I used the Pillsbury Grand refrigerated kind. They didn't need any condiments - maybe a little salt and pepper in the meat but that's it. For the salad, I tossed mache, almonds, blue cheese and jonagold apples with a homemade vinaigrette. Delicious and fast!

Alex: OOF, I've been slacking on the posts. Its just that Alexis does such a great job I really can't add much besides "Yeah it was good" or "Yummy" or some other lame comment that doesn't really add to the blog. I haven't even been cooking much lately either, for some reason my skills are getting worse. Seems like every time I try to cook something now it turns out like hot turds on a platter.

Anyway, I'll try to add my 2 cents. The Chops were delish of course. Definitely can't go wrong with some grilled swine and pineapple. The sauce was the perfect condiment for the meat. I wasn't too sure about it at first dip, but before I knew it I was scraping the bottom of the bowl with a hunk o the other white meat.

The Turkey Burgers were an awesome surprise. Using Biscuits (which were a pain in the ass to get, in the rain, in this non-grocery store having craphole of a city.. uhh I mean neighborhood) was genius. The salsa added a nice juiciness to the Turkey. I definitely want to have these again.

No comments: