Sunday, July 15, 2007

Encore un fois

Florent
69 Gansevoort St (Meatpacking District)



Alexis: Friday night we had dinner at Florent, an old French restaurant in the Meatpacking district, housed in what looks like an old trailer park diner. I ordered the moules frites, which I love, and Alex had the pork chop special. The mussels were cooked in white wine, lemon and herbs - the broth was both tasty and light at the same time - I wanted to pick up the bowl and drink it when the mussels were gone. Accompanying the dish was a huge pile of fries, fried skin on to crispy, greasy perfection. I think I've found my favorite summer dish and I definitely want to come back.

But for now, back to homecooking. There's a fregola-citrus salad I saw on Giada's show that I want to try for our next picnic. (Italian wine, crusty bread and soppressata included).

Alex: I went out like a sucka... Pork Chop and Mashed Potatoes. How can you screw that up?

No comments: