Monday, July 23, 2007

Du-du-du-du.....

Dumont
Williamsburg, Brooklyn








Alexis: Many of you already know this place is a favorite of mine. Pretty much my go-to spot when I want a good dinner but am too lazy to trek into Manhattan. We had a late-night dinner here on Saturday night and everyone ordered burgers. Yeah the burgers are good but damn you guys are boring!

Top to bottom: cheese plate with raisin bread, fruit (quince?) gelee, humboldt fog, manchego, and a soft French cheese similar to brie. Fig and prosciutto salad with arugula, frisee, walnuts and fig vinaigrette. I like how their salads are always a treasure hunt, with goodies underneath and the greens piled high on top of it. They do this at Dressler, too. Alex's burger, medium with a wedge of blue cheese. Erin's burger, medium rare, with gruyere.

For dessert I ordered the creme brulee, still the best I've had in and out of this city. A nice scotch would've set it off just right but I'll save that one for next time.
Alex: Hands down the best Burger Iv'e had in New York City. Ya betta axe sumbody.

1 comment:

lazysundae said...

i think the brie relative was touree de l'aubier - i searched and searched and found this cheese that sounded like what the waiter was saying, tho it was mangled as les americains tend to do w/ french words. me included.

http://www.frencheese.co.uk/cheeses/detail-cheeses.php?id=329