Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hasta pasta

Alexis: I read a recipe for ravioli salad on Heidi Swanson's blog and decided to make my own to take to Summerstage yesterday:

Spinach and roasted garlic ravioli from Whole Foods
Arugula tossed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Asparagus & sugar snap peas (from the Union Square Green Market) slightly boiled and tossed with sea salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice
Bacon
Dried dates finely chopped
Grated parmesan-reggiano cheese
Blanched, sliced almonds

I'd never had sugar snap peas before - they're crunchy and sweet and taste slightly like sweet white corn. I like them a lot. The salad stayed pretty fresh and kept for a couple of hours while we traveled to the park and waited for the rain to stop. I have enough supplies left to make another batch, maybe this time with lobster and shrimp ravioli.

Edit: used the same ravioli again for the second batch because Alex refuses to eat shrimp. Would've been a nice change, Mr. Saultee!

Alex: Soooooooooooooooooooooorry! I've tried Shrimp a million times a million different ways and I just cant hang. But the Pasta Salad was very good... perfect for a picnic in the park, or lunch... two days in a row!

No comments: