Thursday, May 17, 2007

Homecooking



Alexis: We made some pan fried trout with veggies and rice at home. Alex did all the shopping. All I did was cook the fish - season all-purpose flour w/ salt and pepper, then heat up some oil in a pan. Cook the fish for about 3 minutes on each side and you're done. Tip: it's best to cook the fish last since it cooks the fastest. Timing was the hardest thing to learn when I first started cooking.

Alex: I liked this meal a lot. After a lot of deliberation and freaking out at Whole Foods I finally settled on the Trout. I had no idea how were were going to cook it, good thing Alexis is a genius. The prettiest part of the meal were the veggies even though I wasn't to thrilled about how they came out. I probably shouldn't have added the splash of soy. The fish was awesome. It slid right off of the skin and wasn't at all too fishy. Topped with a squeeze of lime and it was perfection. I'm really starting to like fish. I hear its brain food, maybe I can get back some of the brain cells I've been destroying over the years.

No comments: