Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chef/Sous chef





Made more dinner this week.

From the top: seared tuna over salad with avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, radish. Homemade honey dijon vinaigrette. Not as good as the trout - the tuna was kind of tendon-y and I should've cooked it longer (which I did, I threw it back on the grill for 30 secs.)

Salmon Livornese - this is something I learned from my old boss in Jersey. I worked at an Italian restaurant and he was an awesome chef. Just take fish (tilapia, salmon, cod, seabass) and put it in a double layer of foil. Throw some tomatoes (I used roma and yellow heirloom), gaeta olives, red onions and capers in there, fold over the foil and close the edges to make an envelope. Bake for about 20 minutes. You get this brothy juice that's really good w/ garlic bread.

Chicken Riesling and Cauliflower popcorn - hopefully you can see the video of the chicken cooking. The popcorn was really good as an appetizer. Alex was in charge of that as I was busy making the chicken. You cook some diced bacon and save the fat. Brown the chicken with it, then set it aside while you cook the onions and mushrooms. Then add some riesling and the endives, then put the chicken back in. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Et voila.

3 comments:

Mutterlein said...

what tempature did you bake the fish at?

what was the heat level on the fish?

Mutterlein said...

heat level on chicken I mean

lazysundae said...

medium to brown it, then low to simmer it.

fish - around 375-ish.