Sunday, April 08, 2007

NANA!

Nana
155 5th Ave, Brooklyn (Park Slope)




Angel and I ate at this restaurant last night in Park Slope. We had just come from the Brooklyn Museum and were headed to the Rub. Small space, kinda dark and romantic with a DJ spinning drum n bass in the back. Can't tell you when the last time I heard that out was.

The menu was some sort of Asian fusion - some Thai, some Vietnamese, some sushi/sashimi plates, and some Malaysian.

We ordered sweet and sour duck with mangoes and pineapples and kueh teow, which is a traditional Malaysian noodle dish (one of my favorites). Basically it's thick chow fun noodles tossed in a wok with Sriracha sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce, scallions, bean sprouts, shrimp and squid. So good. For dessert we had fried bananas and vanilla ice cream. My only complaint was the size of the banana spring rolls - felt like I was eating twigs.

Would definitely go back if I was in the area.

No comments: