Sunday, March 25, 2007

Southern cookin'

Hey kids, sorry it's taken so long for an update. I've been busy globetrotting with the Lil Lady recently and narfed a bunch of tasty food.
First up was a trip to the Saarland to visit Oma (Grandmadukes). I headed down to the south of Germany with my brother where we were greeted with homemade Schnitzel with a Mushroom Gravy and Potato Dumplings. Traditional German cuisine done to perfection... with love.
The next stop was a nice little Italian resturaunt. It's common knowledge Germans dont fuck around when it comes to beer, but did you know they also like beer mixed with coke? Weird! My brother and I were thinking about marketing this in the US as "Beer for Chicks." For the grubbage I had a Pizza called the Sofia Loren wich consisted of cheese, mushrooms, ham, and a fried egg. I never had egg on my pizza before, but it was pretty satisfying after traipsing through Luxembourg all day.
For the grand finale, my Aunt hooked up a bomb ass meal of Pork "Braten" (wich means roast), Potatos, and Peas-n-Carrots. Can you say.. fuckin' incredible! The meat was very tender and flavorful. I dont really know how they do it becuase Germans don't seem to use a lot of spices, but it sure tastes good. Ummm.. when is the next train back? I'm getting hungry just reminiscing like Mary J.

No comments: