Tuesday, January 16, 2007

FOOD LUST

In which I shamelessly reveal my restaurant wishlist:

The Queen's Hideaway
222 Franklin St., Greenpoint (BK)
I've been wanting to try this spot. It's located in Greenpoint which is a pain in the ass to get to and from but with entrees like Chìcken on the Bone - steamed ìn calvados, pheasant stock, & cìder wìth pearl onìons, apples & creme fraìche & an oatmeal scone and Bìg Ole Pork Chop wìth boston brown bread & sweet potato / russet / cabbage röestì I'm sure it'll be worth it. Even though I have no idea what röestì is. For dessert I am dying to try the sweet potato pecan pie w/ gelato from Il Laboratorio (sesame or ricotta). Another nice touch - they pair their wines w/ singers. The Barbera is Lou Reed and the Pinot Noir is T. Rex. Count me in ne.

Bondi Road
153 Rivington (LES)
I've been to the sister restaurant, the Sunburnt Cow. I guess Aussie food is the hot new shit (alongside burgers and BBQ). This place is mostly seafood, with oyster shooters and fish and chips. There are also some meat offerings - lamb chops, steak diane and chicken schnitzel.

Sfoglia
1402 Lexington (UES)
Tiny Italian spot near 92nd St. The menu is simple and rustic - my favorite kind of Italian.

Ivo & Lulu
558 Broome St (Soho-ish)
Tiny (6 tables) BYOB serving seasonal French fare. I've been here once before and have always wanted to go back.

Prune
54 E. 1st St (E. Village/LES)
I applied to work here when I first moved to NY almost 4 years ago. One of those nouveau American spots that seems to generate mixed reviews but I'm willing to experiment. Fried sweetbreads FTW.

Daisy May's BBQ
11th Ave @ 46th (Hell's Kitchen?)
Hello - sweet tea in a mason jar and a whole butt roast.

Artisanal
2 Park Ave (Gramercy/Murray Hill)
Two words: CHEESE CAVE. Plus: cheese fondue, rabbit & foie gras rilletes, steak frites, etc etc and everything else we love about french food.

And for brunch:
Dressler
149 Broadway (S. Williamsburg)

Balthazar
80 Spring St (Soho)

Clinton St Bakery
4 Clinton St (LES)

No comments: