Saturday, December 30, 2006

je l'aime

I didn't take any photos but I had to add this:

St. Andre cheese.
St. André is a soft, ripened cheese in the tradition of Brie and Camembert. Produced in France, it is also available from American artisan producers. In a competition in 1995, the St. André produced by Hollow Road Farms in Stuyvesant, New York, placed first in its category. It is considered an American treasure by cheese connoisseurs, who describe it as being as lush, creamy, and rich as cream cheese.

Cream cheese my ass - this stuff was like Australian butter. Let it soften at room temp for about 20 minutes and you can spread it over bread. Would've been nice w/ a viognier or sauvignon blanc. Apparently it's difficult to get but I am going to scour the cheese shops when I get back to NY.

No comments: